Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Format: The file is available in a common file format (e.g. docx, rtf, odt) and the formatting within the document is kept simple. The standard template of the German Association for Sports Science (https://www.sportwissenschaft.de/service/download/) is considered a general recommendation.
- The article has not yet been published and has not been submitted to any other journal (otherwise a statement in "Comments for the Editor" is attached). In addition, the author declares in a publication agreement his consent to publication under a CreativeCommons license and to the granting of simple rights of use to the jomar.
- Main contributions should not exceed 50,000 characters (including spaces, titles, abstracts and bibliography) and publications in other sections should remain below 25,000 characters unless the editorial staff has confirmed these deviations in advance.
- Quality standards: The rules of good research (cf. DFG, dvs, DGfE) apply to the manuscript. This includes in particular the flawless citation and clear identification of third-party intellectual property.
- Citation standard: The text of the article follows the formal, stylistic and bibliographical specifications in the following guidelines for authors. Accordingly, the references and citations follow the APA standard.
- All tables and figures are inserted in the intended place in the article text and should normally be formatted in reading direction. More extensive annexes and larger or higher quality images must be submitted as a separate article component or additional material as part of the submission.
- Anonymization: To ensure a smooth 'double blind'-review process, all names and other references to the authors are removed from the text document and the file properties.
- Each independent article must be preceded by an abstract with a maximum of 1,200 characters in German and English. In addition, appropriate key terms for the contribution must be assigned in the context of the submission.
Declaration of commitment: With this submission, the main author declares that he formally accepts responsibility for the following aspects and can be held liable for any infringement. This consent is valid instead of signing on paper. The submitting person declares that
- he or she is authorized by all co-authors to submit this version of the manuscript and to act as its spokesperson during the review process and beyond.
- this manuscript - or a very similar version - has not been previously published or has been submitted elsewhere for review.
- the submitted manuscript is an original and that neither illustrations nor supplementary material or parts thereof infringe any existing or derived copyright in any way.
- the submitted manuscript does not contain anything obscene, indecent, offensive or defamatory according to generally accepted standards.
- all interests that could affect the credibility of the manuscript have been disclosed in the written communication to the editor.
- all authors indemnify and hold the publishers harmless with respect to warranties and representations of ownership, originality or similar infringements of the author. This exemption applies beyond the publication of the article and also extends to all related claims.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). In short, copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use, with proper attribution to the author and link to the licensing, in educational, commercial, and non-commercial settings.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.